Here, taste this

As I wandered about the plant today, looking at all the different cycles and components that make sewage infected water potable again, it dawned on me that this idea, as most, probably started as a hair brained idea straight out of "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" Some guy, whose mind was always working, had to use the bathroom. As he sat and pondered on his throne, a light bulb went off in his head. I wonder what it would take to make this water drinkable again? And so he planned. And drew schematics. And got his material, set up his little science experiment, then infected the water. Through the process it went. And it came out the other side clear. Odorless. Just what he had predicted Wow. But wait a second, how did it taste? Would it hurt to drink it? Just as he is thinking that his buddy walks in. The scientist looks at him, then the glass of water, then back at him and says, here, taste this...........
Of course this is only speculation on my part. But a thought I had today.

Today was a whirlwind. Driving rain and a lack of water resistant body suits slowed us this morning. A new supervisor on my team found out that even though I am the nice guy most the time, do not cross me. He will not be back tomorrow. And yet against all those odds my team is almost a half a day ahead of schedule after one shift. Tomorrow we begin running two shifts per day. I look to be done way ahead of schedule.

Back to it tomorrow. For now its bedtime. I really hope I do not have my recurring dream again. You wouldn't believe it. In this nightmare I am working at a sewage plant..............Oh wait.........
Adios and vaya con Dios

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God