What a week

I don't know about all of you, but I am certainly glad to see this week come to an end. Starting with the scare with Purple's daughter and ending with the dismissal of one of my closest colleagues at work, the last 5 days have been pretty grueling. And while there have been some good and even great moments mixed in, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the next two days off. It didn't look like I was going to get this break 3 days ago, but we made great strides as a team and earned the much needed weekend rest.

It also was a week that I spent a lot of time in thought. It is funny how things can turn on a dime. I have been pretty comfortable in life recently, just staying the course both personally and professionally. But as I write this I find myself questioning several different aspects of my life. Jason was a good estimator for us. The only member of our staff in Columbus who had been there longer than me, he and I became fast friends when I started 4 years ago. We often teamed up to handle our jobs, and that team work led to our landing the flooding at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in 2008. With every company in our industry trying to get into that building, it was a great feeling having security walk J and I right past them, through the gates, and having them turn their facility over to us. We pulled off what seemed like an impossible task, as we went from 6 inches of standing water throughout the massive structure to opening the doors for a convention less than 20 hours later. And though he and I did not stay on the project for the entire 6 months it took to rebuild, the initial response led to millions of dollars in revenue and the most prestigious award our industry has to offer. Sparing the technical details, it is the equivalent to the academy award for best picture. Jason is solid, and I know he will do fine. But he will be missed in our office.

His release has me very worried. Even with all the contacts I have in the company and industry, I cannot help shake the thought that I could be next. Obviously the new regime is looking to turnover the office, and I am concerned about what that means for my boys and myself. Should I start following up on the calls from head hunters? Do I put together my resume? Or do I take a wait and see attitude? All questions I need to consider and find a course of action.

Personally, there are a lot of things going to. Without spilling it all here, I can say that I am very concerned that my children are not in the best possible situation. I am really starting to question whether I need to take action there as well. The more information I receive about where things stand when they are not here, the more I think they need to be with me all the time. Today was a breaking point in that thought process, as after yet another violation of our court ordered divorce decree and custody agreement by my ex spouse, I had no choice but to contact my attorney. Now I wonder if pulling the trigger on a course of action with this is in the best interests of the boys. I am leaning towards taking that leap, but need to have several more discussions with the lawyer and get a few things in order before we move forward.

And then there is the rest. The things I don't talk about but rattle in my head. As I said in a previous post, they are the things that keep me up at night. Tonight I will simply say that I am grateful for timing, as even two minutes either way can change a lot of people's worlds.

Hey it's Saturday. The week is over. Time to relax and re-rack and get ready for the next one.

Good Night All.............................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God