The Box

This is my favorite time of year. The leaves are changing colors, the crisp mornings turn into perfect afternoons, OSU football is in full gear, and Halloween is just around the corner. Autumn can be seen as a great segway in the world, transitioning us from the warmth of summer sun to the frigid temperatures of winter.

This fall has also been a time of great change for a close friend of mine. A few short weeks ago she was on the path to real happiness with what seemed like the person she was supposed to be with. Watching them gave inspiration to all of us around them who are searching. Yet he walked away and left her broken hearted. Since then she has been a shell of who she had been, trying to grieve without anger and find a way to stay connected. Tonight, Bethany crossed the bridge into acceptance, cutting all ties to the man she had planned to marry. As I watched her hesitate before hitting the delete button, which would sever the biggest connection to him, I remembered her doing the same for me not long ago. With an evident sadness that she tried to mask with a stoic face, she pressed it, putting him in the box and tucking it neatly away. And I repeated the same words she said to me back then. I know that was hard, and I am proud of you for doing it. And just as I have started fresh in my life, tomorrow she will get to do the same. She is stronger and braver than I could ever hope to be. And I have absolute faith that she will find a new path that will make the last one seem very insignificant.

Good Night Everyone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God