Where were you?

I remember that cold morning in 1986. My sister, my brother, my mother, and me were in our cramped two bedroom apartment and watching the shuttle launch when it burst into flames. 1989, while watching a world series game, I remember the earthquake hitting San Fransisco. I remember 9/11/2001 my niece calling me to say that plane had crashed into the world trade center and turning on the TV just in time to see the second one hit. I remember all of these moments and more in detail because of their magnitude and how they changed the world we live in. I bet most people do the same.

Today we witnessed another one of those events. Only this was not a single moment of tragedy. It was 24 hours of jubilation. As the escape pod lifted each of the 33 miners who had been trapped for 69 days to the surface, cheers could be heard from around the world. From the first two weeks when we didn't know they were alive to the moment the foreman stepped out of the snall vessel, the world has been captivated. Having been in that country this year, I know the pride they have as a people and how much they will celebrate this moment over the coming days, weeks, and months. It is difficult not to believe in miracles on a day like today. And I will forever remember where I was when the last man came out.

In a total shift of topic, I ran across a post on a popular website tonight that was truly an epic read. I found myself wishing I could write like the author. So passionate and free flowing, it was like she opened her heart and poured it directly onto the keyboard, forming this incredible diatribe that would move anyone. Halfway through I realized I know the person who composed it and, while it wasn't meant for me, I found myself compelled to respond. I truly wish I had the gift of words like that, as I am sure she did not have to put a lot of thought into what was filling the page. I love to write, and this forum gives me the platform to do so with no apologies. This blog is meant for me, but in saying that I know there are a few loyal readers. I only hope you enjoy my posts as much as I did hers tonight.

Last nights phantom post was merely the ramblings of too many Miller Lites. If you read it before it was removed, I hope you understand that everything in my life is still very much in transition. And that I love my friends as though they were family.

2 days til Illinois, I am very excited to see my family. Good Night all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God