The Point

I have been a lot of places and seen a lot of things. I have stood on the beach in Virginia and looked out over the Atlantic Ocean, then a week later stood on the beach in Coos Bay Oregon and watched the waves crash in off the Pacific. I know the cold of a winter morning on Cape Cod, and the heat of a summer day in Santiago de Chile. But my favorite place in all the world is The Point at Buckeye Lake in Ohio. A tiny finger of land that juts out into the water, this place has always been a place of great serenity for me. It is where I go when I need to think, and when I need to make peace within myself. And that's why I went there tonight. The brisk wind and rippling water welcomed me back like an old friend and for the first time in a very long time I took a true breath of relaxation.

The struggle of life has been tripping me a lot lately. From health issues to job stresses and 100 other things, I have been bogged down for a few weeks. Many of you know some of the story, though no one knows the full chapter and verse. I am not sure if that's because I don't want to share or because I wonder if anyone is really listening to what I am saying. Lots hear the words, few understand the meaning behind them. And I do not need to go into that here. I won't. But as I laid down there on the ground, looking up at the stars, I did a lot of soul searching. And at seemingly the exact right moment in my thoughts, a shooting star flashed across the sky. Of course I made my wish. I wished....nah cannot tell you, then it won't come true. But then it dawned on me how silly wishing on a star was. So I prayed. Like I haven't prayed in years. And the general prayer was for him to calm the storm brewing in me and to give me the strength I need to fight my battles and face my demons head on. And while I do not have a clue where to begin with that, I did take away from the point tonight a much more secure feeling that I will be able to do those things. And so with the unrest in my head pacified (if even just for now) I say good night all.Hopefully sleep will be easier to find tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God