The comeback trail

Not more than 2 weeks ago I found myself in such a funk. I would go to work so tired and unmotivated. I would come home and take a long nap. Get up, have dinner, or a close resemblance of it, then go to bed for the night. I didn't want to do anything. Even going to the grocery store was something I had to force myself to do. I had so much on my mind and the only way I could even handle it was to shut down. I felt myself spiraling downward yet had no idea how to make it stop. Then the heart scare happened, and that threw me into analyzation mode.

A very good friend of mine lives by a creed that I have adopted as one of my own. "If it affects me in a good way, encourage it. If it affects me in a bad way, eliminate it. If it doesn't affect me it doesn't exist". During my pilgrimage to The Point (see post titled the same) I put this creed into play. I needed to find a way to eliminate the bad. I put a plan in place, followed it through step by step, and let go of something I had been carrying for far to long. And I can feel the difference. I can feel the load lightened off of me. I feel as though there is a bright light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel. Is it over? Not completely. But I am well on my way.

I cleaned this entire house today. I cleared the boys bedrooms. I finished packing the kitchen, mowed the grass, and cleaned all the carpet. All this from the guy who didn't want to get up to check the mail not long ago. To top it off, when I was done working for the day, I went on a two mile walk with my dog Oliver. And I only came home because he started dragging. Really, right now I feel better than I have in at least 5 months:) Life isn't great yet. But its definitely getting there.
Good night everyone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God