Supermoon

18 years ago I was living in a condo near Upper Arlington. I was still dating my high school sweetheart, working full time, and was just beginning my adult life. I was pretty aware of my surroundings back then as I am today. I paid attention to what was going on in the world and in my own community. So the question I have is how did I miss this "supermoon" then. I never heard that term until, well, today.

I took the boys outside just before bed tonight and let them see this once-every-1.8-decades phenomenon. And they were not disappointed. It was really big in the east sky and bright enough to light up the ground around us. Not like daylight, but like that few minutes when the sun is almost down and the fireflies come out in the fall. They would have pitched the tent and stayed out all night if I had let them. But living in an apartment that's not a great plan, plus my tent is in Chillicothe. But I am still sure they will remember this in 2029 when it comes back around.

If you follow the signs of the zodiac, then tonight is huge with major things happening for everyone. But I really don't know the ends and outs of astrology, so I simply made a wish and ushered the boys back inside. I have a lot to wish for right now, but also a lot to be thankful for. The very fact that the guys are here, and healthy, are 3 of the biggest blessings.

I watched a special on St. Jude's tonight. I always pay attention when one of their telethons is on because I remember being in the hospital with very sick children and not realizing how serious my own situation was. I was on a floor with cancer patients since they didn't know whether my tumor was malignant or benign. I remember waking up one morning and my room mate was not there. I learned that he had lost his battle during the night. It was one of those moments I will never forget. It was the first time I was really scared. I wonder how many of them lived to see the last Supermoon, much less this one.

The MRI is weighing heavily on me right now. I hate the waiting. Hopefully it will simply come back as scar tissue and I can breath a huge sigh of relief. But if its more, I am blessed to have a tremendous support system who will be with me as I attack it. No matter what happens though, I got to see the Supermoon with my boys. I hope they never forget this night.

Good Night Everyone................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God