A weekend vacation

This past weekend was really the break that I needed. Working 7 days a week, 11 hours a day on this project has been such a drain. I am not sure why, maybe because it feels like we are getting no where though the job is moving along as scheduled. But when I had the boys this weekend and had to be off, it was like being able to breath for the first time in months. And we took advantage of it.

Friday evening I let my oldest son have a friend over. Being a pushover for the boys, I agreed to let this other kid stay all weekend. Friday night was movies and popcorn as the four boys played well together. By noon Saturday though, we all knew we needed to get out of the house and do something fun. Purple to the rescue. She invited my entire tribe to her house for movies and dinner. She had her daughters there, so the thought was they could all play together. It went well, and we had a wonderful evening.

Sunday morning was big breakfast for them. Waffles, eggs, bacon, OJ, we had a great time sitting around the table and actually did best part worst part over the days first meal. After we cleaned the house and ran a couple of errands it was time for them to go back to Angel's. It's always a little tough to drop them off, but this week I will see them a few times so I used that as my silver lining. The weekend concluded with Miss B and I watching the Superbowl. It was very different for she and I to be rooting for different teams. But it was fun, with a few drinking games and a talking phone that made us both fall off the couch laughing.

Next weekend is already shaping up to be pretty good as well. Dinner with an old friend Friday, and the boys with me Saturday give me hope for another great one. Even though I will have to work.

Good Night All............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God