South bound and down

This day started as any other of the last few months. Up early, head to the jobsite, get to work. Since it's Thursday I knew I had the boys tonight, and all weekend too. I had a lot planned, from a Star Wars movie thon to a day at the Park of Roses with Purple and her girls. It was going to be relaxing after a week of slam city at the office.

Around 8:15 it all changed. TG informed me that I had been requested on a new project for a week or so. When he told me the request came from my former boss Matt, I knew I had no choice. I was informed that I was going to be in Orlando, Florida as soon as they could book me a flight. As it turns out, that plane leaves tomorrow at 5:55 a.m. So I will be up early, grabbing a cab to Port Columbus and will be in the Sunshine State by the time my team there reports to the project. I have no idea what I am in for, but take a lot of pride in the fact that he asked for my skill set on the job. And considering the meteorologist just said snow in the forecast, I am happy to be headed south.

On an unrelated topic, I think it is funny how the world keeps changing around me. Things that have been clear are becoming foggy, while things I was unsure about now reveal their true depth as I look further into them. It's like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope. Its fun and exciting because while the constants never change, the variables are what make life really interesting. the great feeling of meeting someone new, trying to figure out who they are and what they are all about and if they are going into he friend zone or if it is something more. The temporary vindication of a project done well, knowing a new from scratch job is waiting in the wings. Or an unplanned trip to Florida on a Friday morning. As I walk the path I am learning to sit back and enjoy the ride. Ulterior motives, evil plans, and over thinking be damned, just live them moment and see what happens. Its a new experience for me. And a great feeling. I am sure it will not be the last lesson I learn on this journey. But it a good one. Both comforting and exhilarating, as I watch the world unfold around me instead of trying to rip it open like a kid opening the first present at Christmas.

Florida awaits. Good Night All...................

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God