I am thankful

Throughout the years, I have enjoyed several different traditions for the Thanksgiving holiday. When I was younger, we used to go to my grandparents house for some of the finest home cooking you could ever taste. Mama always made the feast, complete with banana pudding for dessert. When my mom married my dad, we started going to Cape Cod for the holiday every year. How neat to go to Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower as part of the celebration. When I was married, Angel's mom made the turkey and sides for their annual feast. Her cooking rivaled that of my childhood. Last year it was the first major holiday without mom, so I was in Illinois. This year, a small celebration with Bethany and the boys. Who knows where we will be next year.

I am so thankful to have my boys. They are my whole world, and I love each moment I have with them. I am also grateful for a great family and the best friends anyone could ask for, especially Miss B. She has been my pillar of support this year, and she made dinner for me and the boys today. She is the definition of friend, and I thank God she exists in my world. I am also thankful for a great job, which has had me travel the world since last Thanksgiving. And I am grateful for the people who have come into my life over the last year, even though some are not still in it. I learned so much about me and where I stand.

Even though life is not perfect-lots of things need to improve and I sometimes wonder when the tide turns- I am blessed for what is here now. And while I have hopes and wishes like everyone else, I cannot be unhappy when I look around and count the positives in my life.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you are shopping tonight or tomorrow, be safe and know that you are insane lol. Good night all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God