My Fanny Pack Rulz

 "My Fanny Pack RULZ

My Fanny Pack is KEWL"

-Rappy McRapperson

Real quote. Look it up. 

Our Myrtle Beach 2021 adventure continued yesterday. Tiffany, Hutch and I started our day by heading to our favorite beach in the area, Sunset Beach in North Carolina. Less crowded and almost shell free, the scenic views at Sunset are breathtaking. There are sporadic joggers, dogs on leashes, and romantics making their journey to the Kindred Spirits Mailbox. Every year Tiffany and I say we are going to make that trek as well, and every visit we decide next time is better. Either way we return to Sunset time after time, and are never disappointed. The picture of the pier below was taken at Sunset, along with several others.

Turns out Hutch loves the beach. Do not get me wrong, Luna did too. She would play fetch with shells and let the water touch her paws. But Hutch - it is a different level. When we are in the room he stands at the window or on the balcony and whines. When we take him down there, he wants off his leash so he can play. He gets angry with us for taking too long to find a less populated area so we can untether him. And once he is free, he runs in the sand. I mean a pug run times 10. When he stops, he comes to us, tail wagging so fast you can barely see it. He catches his breath, then goes again. 

He is going to be mad tomorrow when we leave.

I always knew Tiffany would get a fanny pack. She has mentioned it several times, and nearly pulled the trigger a couple of years ago up the road in Wilmington N.C. But this was the trip it finally happened. While browsing through the Gay Dolphin souvenir shop, she found one for just the right price. She plopped down the $5.99 it cost to buy Adweek's 1988 product of the year, and had it on before we stepped back out onto Ocean Blvd. And as if she had just listened to Rappy McRapperson's epic single "My Fanny Pack" she told me that it was kewl and that I needed to get one.

I expected all of that. She is Tiffany after all. You never know what she is going to do, say, buy, how she will act, etc......

What I didn't expect

What I didn't see coming.....

Is how she will not shut up about it. 

My Fanny Pack is kewl. 

My Fanny Pack Rulz

I will put your phone in my Fanny Pack

I will pout your glasses in my Fanny Pack

I will put your hoodie in my Fanny Pack.

Your bacon would taste better if you had a Fanny Pack

On and on. And I am bringing her and the Fanny Pack back to Ohio. Be prepared. Because she may show up to any place at any time with a giant boombox on her shoulder, leg warmers on her legs, an off the shoulder top, and her Fanny Pack. There is no stopping my 80's lady now. 

Friends, please, I need ALL of you to help me bring her back into 2021. Before she ditches the CRV for a Pacer.

Today is our last day here. The boys have had a great time, playing cornhole, swimming, using the hot tub, and exploring and experiencing as much of Myrtle Beach as they could. Bringing Tanner's friends may have been one of the best decisions we have ever made, as they have spent every minute making lifelong memories. 

As we head out for our last day of adventures, it is overcast but still beautiful. Today we will hit a couple more souvenir shops looking for Salt Life window clings, as we each have new cars since our last visit here and have no christened them yet. We may also go by Huntington Beach State Park, as we have heard it is beautiful. And who knows, maybe I will even talk her into Wahlburger's for lunch again.

Have a great day everyone!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God