Beautifully broken

Yesterday afternoon Tiffany and I went for a walk on the beach near our resort, with Hutch tagging along. As always, Tiffany and I smiled at everyone we passed and engaged many of them in conversation. 

Along the way we met Penny and Tom, a couple who are from Canton, Ohio but moved to the Myrtle Beach area 18 months ago. They told us they talked about making the move for years and now wish they had done it much sooner. Of course Tiffany and I shared that we have considered relocating as well, to which they became the Grand Strand sales force. They talked about how awesome the weather is, and how the traffic only gets bad 3 months a year. They asked if we wanted their realtor's name, and told us about the housing market. 

Perhaps in a few years, once things in Ohio are running like clock work and I can convince my boss to open an office in Myrtle Beach. Absolute Service of the Grand Strand, what do you think Dave? Lots of condo work here you know! 

As I stated above, we engaged many of these people in conversation. More specifically, Tiffany has never met a stranger. It always starts the same way when they ask "can we pet your pug?". Of course you can, he is my service dog! He brings me comfort after I had 3 open chest surgeries, including a heart transplant, within 12 months a few years ago. I always smile and watch as her testimony comes out and personality shines through. I have always believed she should be speaking in front of people on behalf of Donate Life, but that is for a different post.

As she makes conversation, I usually look for sea shells. This is something that I did with my parents as a kid. Tiffany and I usually come home with a dozen or so shells that we think are unique enough to add to our collection. 

As I looked yesterday, I spotted one from 10 feet away I could see it sticking out of the sand, and its color was gorgeous. Almost as if it was painted, its surface was very smooth rather than the coarse nature I am used to. I picked it up, only to realize it was broken. It appeared to be a small part of what had been a much larger shell. Just as I was going to throw it back, Tiffany walked up and commented on how pretty it was. 

"Yeah, but it's broken" I said.

To which she replied "Aren't we all?"

...................

...................

True story.

Do I have to spell out how ironic that was after my birthday post?

I didn't think so😊

I put it in the bag, and there is a picture of it below.

Yesterday was probably the best day we have ever had at Myrtle Beach. With the perfect weather, beach walks, and lunch at Wahlburger's, I would say that it was our best day of vacation since the day our dear fiend Steve showed us around the North End of Boston.

Pictures below. BTW the pictures with the car - The one on the right is my car, which I am letting Tanner and his friends drive (and park). The one on the left is Tiffany's car, which she and I are driving. Was just trying to prove a point!

 Have a great day everyone!

Beautifully broken


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God