Whats for you won't pass by you

Through the last 2 years, I have had my fair share of heartache and starting over. I have met some amazing people, swung for the fences and missed and, most of all, learned a lot about myself and the people around me. Through it all, my pillar of support has been Miss Bethany. My arch nemesis when I was in high school, she has become my closest friend over the years. Through the separation, the women, the alcohol, and all the other monumental errors I have made over the past 20 months, she has always been there to voice her concerns, throw her support behind me, lend me an ear or shoulder, and be a true friend. At a time when I have questioned everyone in my life and felt very alone, she made sure I knew I wasn't. I am eternally grateful for that.

To say that Bethany is heartbroken tonight would be like saying the Titanic bumped into an ice cube. More appropriately, I would say that her heart has been shattered into a million tiny pieces that may never be picked up or put back together. A lot of you know her 4 year long story with the man of her dreams. The struggles, the things she gave up along the way because she believed in the power of what they had, the victory and vindication of the last 18 months. For those who don't, let me tell you it is a story of true love and perseverance that you normally pay $7.50 to see at the theatre. And I got to see it from a front row seat. The way they talked, the way they interacted and, especially, the way they looked at each other was something I can only dream of finding someday. They were the definition of soulmates.

What's for you won't pass by you. That's the words Bethany would say to me. Everytime I would hurt, during the long months of trying to forget someone this spring and summer, she would sit with me as I would try to find reason. What's for you won't pass by you. If she was for you she'll come back. If she wasn't, someone else will be. She listened to the irrational thoughts of a broken heart and never, not one time, told me she was tired of hearing it or told me to get over it. She let me find my way, with gentle nudges in the right direction.

What's for you won't pass by you. Please read the words and remember how special you are to me. You are my BFFL, you saved me this summer. You helped me find me again. My life would not be the same without you.I love you very much.

Comments on here or on Facebook are welcome. Please, if you know her, let her know she's on your mind and tell her what you think of her. It may sound silly, but it will help. And if you knew them, together, then you know what's for her won't pass by her.

Comments

  1. OH Michael.......that was as beautiful as anyone could put....her tears fall as we speak.....she IS a great friend to have and her heartbreak is a heartbreak that is shared by many.......her peace is in my thoughts and prayers......thank you for being you Michael and sharing this...I know it means more to her than you know....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God