Never hurts to ask

I have been posting entries on this blog for a long time. March 28th, 2010, in a small hotel room on the 4th floor of the Hotel Panamericano in Santiago, Chile, Buckeye Mike Blog was born. It was a very difficult time in my life, and I knew I wanted to find a way to begin journaling (and hopefully understanding) the jumble of thoughts dancing in my head at the time.

Through the years I have published 331 posts, and kept another 55 for my own personal reflection. I have written many times about my Mother, who was my best friend and we lost a few years ago. She was a big part of the inspiration for this blog, as my life is a reflection of who she was. She was a storyteller, just like me.

I go back and re-read from time to time. It is cathartic to see where I have been, see the struggles and the victories. And now, to look back and see where God was working in my life even when i was running from him.

I have written about the restoration of a sewage treatment plant. I have talked about snack cakes, my son calling 911, and even a dog named Trigger shooting Karma right into the foot of someone I know. There have been posts dedicated to my boys, my family and my friends. And even more about struggles and trials and celebrations. And of course, every Christmas Eve, I share "The Pocketwatch", my favorite story of all time. I never write from an agenda, and I try not to be too political or judgmental. And, while the thought of  turning a profit from the ads you see combine with the 19,000 or so page views have been tempting, I have never made a single entry about money. Its not my modus operandi. It's not who I am.

But there is always a first time.

Recently, I my posts have been about my wife, Tiffany. Also the topic of several blogs before, she has major health issues that have become even more pronounced over the last month or so after suffering a massive heart attack on October 1. If you have been reading along, you know we are continuing to wait, rather impatiently, to find out whether she can be put on the heart transplant list, a transplant she desperately needs. Obviously, she has had to stop working in the process, and may never be able to work again

Going from a two income family down to one has been difficult. We have cut back on household expenses, cancelled our family vacation, and I have even considered driving for UBER to supplement my income. However, due to the nature of my work, a second job would just not work. So we have decided to start a go fund me page. We know that there are people who have it way more difficult than we do. And we aren't looking to get rich on the backs of others. However, if we can eliminate some debt and shrink our expenses in doing so, then we need to explore whatever means possible to do so. If that means swallowing my pride and asking for help, then I told her that is what I would do.

So here it is. Tiffany's GoFund Me Page . If you feel compelled to chip in a nickel or two, we would appreciate that very much. Or even if you would share it with others, we would be equally as grateful.

Day # 1140. As we wait for the next step, the surgery on November 30th, we are thankful for the support system around us. Members of our church, our friends and family, and especially Tiffany's cousin Susie have all been amazing through this process. And it is comforting to know we are not in this alone.

Have a great day everyone.
























https://www.gofundme.com/tiffanydisability



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God