All because two people fell in love

Hello all, hope this evening finds you well. I know I know, it has been almost a month since I last posted on here. I could tell you I have been very busy at work, or that I spent time finalizing my move to Buckeye Lake and getting settled. But the truth of the matter is that I have not taken the time to sit down and write, something I intend to start moving higher on the priority list. But I though it was only appropriate to mark my return to the blog from where I am tonight.

As I sit on my fathers back deck, I look out from the table. Right beside me I hear the water from the pool rippling in the cool evening breeze. Beyond that just a dark tree line across the field that backs up to his property. It's peaceful. Serene. Just a couple hours ago the pool was filled with children as Dad looked on from his lawn chair. They were loud and boisterous and having the time of their lives. It has been a good day. Just the latest in a string of them for me, but this one is a little different because of the meaning behind it, and I thought to myself how far we really have come as a family. You see, 25 years ago Tuesday my mother married this man, the man I call Mike but know as my Dad. When that happened, our lives changed in every way possible. He not only married her, but us as well. Back then there were 5 of us. My mom and him, my sister, brother and I. Now when I look at our family it amazes me that there are 11 grandkids and two great-grandkids to throw into the mix. And while not all the family could be here today, the theme of this mini reunion was that none of us would be here had two people not fallen in love.  Understanding that - and having our children get it too - made this day really special. A scrapbook and video for my Dad, a replica of their wedding cake, and a lot of great conversation about the past quarter century made for new memories that I am sure the kids will remember for years. As I said it has been a good day. Thanks Dad for being the reason we are here.

Of course as I stated it is not the first good day I have had recently. Actually, the days seem to be getting better and better as we go along. I have long talked about a path and trying to make sure I am headed in the right direction. I believe more and more everyday that I am right on track, and that no matter where the path may lead I will not be alone. It is ironic, however, that things have progressed to where we are today. If you had asked me as little as three months ago I would have told you that I was headed somewhere completely different than where I am today. But as I have said before, life is fluid. And  inexplicable things can happen that  change your direction on a dime. Sometimes the first step in the right direction is a step back. I know it has been for me.

Moving forward, there will be a lot of big things coming to the pages of the blog. There is a lot going on in my life, both professionally and personally. I will discuss those more in the future. And who knows, maybe you will see a little of my own gypsy soul show here in the posts as well.

Good Night All.................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God