I am a Happy Camper

Welcome back people! Sorry, been awhile since I checked in, but it's been a very busy 2019 so far. And let's face it, I am a Slusher. And while I do not know all of the ends and outs of that heritage, I do know one of the glaring flaws - letting things slip your mind. My Gramm would always wish me a happy birthday - a day or two late. My Uncles keep saying we need to get together......which reminds me, I should call them because we need to get together. But I digress.

Anyone who knows Tiffany and I knows we love to travel. Day trips, weekend getaways, and full blown vacations are as much a part of our life as pug dogs or our country dream home. We love to go. Anywhere. So last fall, we bought a minivan. We had long ago determined we are not RV people, so the van would get us to whatever hotel or resort we would stay in. In November, we drove it to Cape Cod for Thanksgiving and stayed in our condo there. Then we headed to Florida for New Year's and Myrtle Beach for our Anniversary and my Birthday, each time with a resort waiting for us when we arrived. It has been a fun and adventurous few months.

When we began to where to go this summer, our imaginations were endless. Hawaii was the first choice, but the dream died when we checked out the pricing. Then we started talking about maybe heading out towards California, or Arizona, or Texas, or......well, we weren't sure. We determined that maybe we should just drive and wherever we wind up, we wind up.  Then my wife said it.

"What if just got an R.V.?"

"But we aren't RV people" I replied

"Maybe we are?"

We agreed to think about it. Over the next two days, she sent me links to 11 different RV's that she saw online. I chuckled when she sent the 5th or 6th, and a co-worker asked what I was laughing about. I explained that we were thinking of buying a motor home, and he said that it didn't seem like Tiffany was just thinking about it.

He was right.

That Saturday we went to RCD RV sales in Hebron to "take a look". We drove my F-150 because we knew that would be our trade in if we decided to do more than browse. We toured 3 or 4 units, and eventually settled on one. An hour later, the deal was done. We agreed to pick it up the next the following Saturday, and 3 days ago we brought it home.

The "Thor Four Winds Infinity 35D"

37 feet long. 12 feet high.   All the comforts of home, including a washer and dryer. We had to cut a tree down to be able to turn it around in my driveway, and quickly realized that it was not going to fit in the barn. So we are working on plan B.

But I love it

We love it.

We are RV people.

Who knew?

It's gonna be a fun spring, summer,and fall! I am sure there will be a travel blog at each stop, so long as the WiFi is strong.

Below are a few pictures on our new home on wheels.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God