Double the awesomeness

My name is Michael Anthony Slusher. I was given this name by my Mother and Father when I came into this world on March 3rd 1973. It was the first thing I was ever called.

Since then, the thing I have been know by many other things. Currently, I am the Vice President of Operations. Fancy huh? Just another way to say dude who handles all the crap every day. I am also a Master Water Restorer, a Master Fire and Smoke Restorer, a licensed Insurance CE Instructor, and a commercial project manager

At other times in life I have been a ball player, a master debater (read it again) a member of a show choir, a coach, a student, a teacher, a son, a brother, a father, a cousin, a nephew, a grandson, a friend, and a brother from another mother.

I have been called Mikey, Mike, Big Daddy, Big Dog, Sweetest (only a couple of you will get that) Babe, Dude, Slusher, Slush, Slushbob, Slushpup, Slush Dog, Slushcious and my personal favorite Awesome McAwesomesauce (fitting don't you think?).

20 years and 11 days ago I added another to my repertoire. I became someones Father. About 11 months later John-Michael called me Daddy for the first time. That evolved over time into Dad, becoming "your father" during the times Tiffany has warned the boys of consequences, and Ben has even called started calling me Pops. Huh? IDK. I just go with it.

So why am I boring you with all of this?

Because of what happened today. Just before 2 PM. When my son John-Michael and his girlfriend Nakisha had identical twin boys, making me a grandfather for the first time.

Making me PawPaw.

I am someone's PawPaw. Actually, 2 someones.

To say my Grandsons are beyond perfect would be like saying that the sun is bright. I am overcome with emotion, with joy, and with hope. I cannot wait until they are playing in my backyard, or asking me for some more M&M's, or opening their gifts on Christmas. I cannot wait to watch my son be the awesome Daddy I know he will, or for their Mom to be the amazing Momma I see inside her.

John Michael David Slusher:

Watching you grow into a man and now become a Father has given me so much to be proud of. From your work ethic to your respect for others, I see in you the values that are part of the fabric of our family. I know you are going to be an amazing Dad. Things are gonna get tough, curveballs are going to come about, and your are gonna wonder if you are doing the right thing. But if you make their safety and happiness the top of your priority list, then everything else will fall into place. I love you son, and I have your back no questions asked.

Nakisha:

I told you that once you had my Grandsons, you became one of my children. I meant it. No matter what happens from here, I will be here for you, John, and the boys. I will look out for you as I do them. You were a rock star today, and I am incredibly proud of you. Those boys will be lucky to have you as a Mom. Remember to drown out the noise and always put their safety and happiness above all else. You made me a PawPaw. I cannot thank you enough. I love you and cannot wait to see the great things you do for those boys.

John-Michael Anthony and Jerome-Austin Thomas:

Hi. I am PawPaw. We all met you today for the first time. And I am so excited for what comes next. Pawpaw and Grandma have a great big yard for you to play in. We always have 3 or 4 or 5 dogs to play with. And plans for a big swing set are in the works. I cannot wait to see what you become, to watch you grow and, most of all, to hold you each for the first time. you are both perfect. And were both little rock stars yourselves. PawPaw loves you very much and will ALWAYS have M&M's.

To all of you. This is family now, Everyone on peripheral is just that. The only 4 people that are important in this are you 4. Mommy, Daddy, and Babies. Tune out the rest. Enjoy the sleepless nights. Enjoy the joy of being a family. Focus on each other. And focus on God. Only he knows what the future holds.

Dear God:

Thank you for these tiny miracles. We are all blessed by your goodness and faithfulness in bringing us these healthy boys. Please help John and Nakisha focus on their sons and on each other and tune out all of the negativity. Please keep your hand on them and guide them as parents. Keep these boys healthy and let them grow to be strong, fair minded, God fearing people. And please give the rest of us the wisdom to know our place in this.

I pray in your holy name, Amen

Day #2014. Did I mention my Grandsons are PERFECT? We are so blessed. Check out their awesomeness below. They get it from their PawPaw!

It is overwhelmingly great to be me.
























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My son, the Bully

A Roller Coaster of a Christmas Miracle

The Finger of God